What is CSS Exam?
CSS stands for (Central Superior Services) in Pakistan. CSS is a Services by FPSC (Federal Public Services Center) in Pakistan. This exam is conducted for the selection of candidates of (BS-17). A selected candidate is known as a commissioner officer.
Eligibility Criteria for CSS Exam:
1. Educational Qualification
- The applicant should have at least 14 years of education (Bachelor’s Degree) with a minimum of second division marks. From the any recognized university of Pakistan or foreign university recognized by HEC.
- Candidate with 3rd division degree can apply if, he/she has a higher division in Master’s degree.
2. Age Criteria
The age limit is 21 to 30 years. No gender restriction.
Age relaxation of 2 years for:
- Scheduled Caste or Buddhist Community
- Belonging to the recognized Tribes
- Belonging to AJK and Gilgit Baltistan
- In-Service Government Servants, Armed Forces Personnel, Contract Employees
3. Nationality and Domicile for CSS Exam
- Pakistani citizen or belonging to the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
- A candidate who is married to none Pakistani citizen is not eligible for CSS.
Complete Guide about CSS Exam
How to Apply for CSS Exam?
- The exam date of the CSS exam is announced in September every year.
- Candidates can submit the application fee in the government’s treasury, State Bank or the National bank of Pakistan.
- CSS Exam Fee is 2200 till 2020.
- Bank drafts, cheques, and postal orders are not entertained for a fee.
- The original receipt should be attached with the application form
- Then apply online, form available at the official website of FPSC.
- For any query, contact: 051-9205075
What is Passing Criteria for CSS?
- At least 40 percent of marks in the compulsory subjects and 33 percent marks in the optional subjects are required.
- A minimum aggregate should be 50 percent for the medical examination, psychological assessment, and viva voce.
- For leaving a single paper, the candidate will not be allowed to sit in the remaining exams.
Selection Process for CSS Exam | Test Phases
- Theory Test
- Medical Test
- Psychological Test
- Viva Voce
Documents to be Attached for CSS
Download the submitted online form and attach all required documents along with the bank receipt and post it to the headquarter of FPSC Islamabad.
- Copy of Educational Certificates
- Bank Receipt of Exam Fee
- Experience Certificates, if required
Documents may vary by applicant to applicant.
Number of Chances to Appear in CSS Exam
Only three times a candidate may appear in the CSS Exam.
When CSS Exam Conducted?
- Usually, the CSS exam is conducted in February every year. The announcement of the date of the test is done through advertisements in newspapers.
- Online Applications from 1st Oct to 31st Oct.
- Exam date in February
CSS Exam Centers
|Lahore||Abbottabad||Dera Ghazi Khan||Hyderabad||Okara||Sialkot||Skardu|
|Peshawar||Dera Ismail Khan||Multan||Larkana||Bahawalpur||Sargodha||Gujranwala|
Services for which the CSS Test is Conducted:
- Pakistan Customs Service
- Police Service of Pakistan
- Pakistan Administrative Services
- Foreign Service of Pakistan
- Information Group
- Inland Revenue Service
- Military Lands & Cantonments Group
- Office Management Group
- Pakistan Audit and Accounts Service
- Postal Group
- Commerce & Trade Group
- Railways (Commercial & Transportation) Group District Management Group
CSS Interviews Centers
CSS Exam Merit Quota
- Punjab: 50%
- Sindh: 19%
- Sindh (Urban): 7.6%
- Sindh (Rural): 11.4%
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa: 11.5%
- Balochistan: 6%
- Gilgit Baltistan/FATA: 4%
- Azad Jammu and Kashmir: 2%
CSS Subjects and Syllabus:
Total marks 1200 for CSS exam. You can also read Books for CSS preparation.
Total 600 marks for 6 subjects:
- English (Precis and Composition)
- English Essay
- General Science and Ability
- Current Affairs
- Pakistan Affairs
- Islamic Studies or Alternative Subject for Non-Muslims
The optional subjects are categorized into seven different groups. Total marks for optional are 600.
Read more about: CSS Exam – Compulsory and Optional Subjects – Latest 2021